Maintenance of any device or machine not only enhances its life but increase its productive also. It a must do activity for all kind of equipment, just like that cannon printer also need maintenance so that it can work smoothly. Occasional clogging of ink of Inkjet printers can cause the loss in quality.
The process of maintenance is quite easy. Anyone can upgrade the quality of this printer using some easy steps. It is a bit different from OS to OS. Here some smooth steps are given so that you can enrich you printer’s productivity.
Steps for Window 7, Vista & XP operating system
- Start your computer and your printer and make sure that both are working properly.
- Use a little amount of ink to clean the Printing Head of your printer.
- Check that your cartridge should have a sufficient amount of it.
- (Flashing LED with an ink drop icon can help you to know the exact amount of ink).
- Go to the “Start” menu present at the left corner of the display.
- Move to the “Printers” icon (or “Printers & Faxes”).
- If you do not see this icon, you can select the “Control Panel” and then select the “Printers” icon in the window that opens up.
- Right-click on Canon printer
- Click on “Printing Preferences” (it shows you all installed printer in a window).
- Open the “Maintenance” tab located at the upper corner.
- Click on the “Head Cleaning” button. ( It will clean print heads)
- Select the “Start” button to start the cleaning process.
Steps for Mac OS X
- Power on your Mac and printer
- Move to the Applications option present in Macintosh HD
- Now, twice-click the Canon (BJ) Printer Utility option.
- Choose the desired printer from the Printer List,
- Finally, click to OK.
- Select the “Head Cleaning” option that resides in the Utility dialog box.
- Now go through with the provided guidelines to initiate the cleaning.
- Press the confirmation button after completion of the cleaning process.
*Many Canon printers can clean print heads without the assistance of any external means or computer. So please go through with the user manual perform according to the given guidelines. *You need to work with the cotton swab with extreme care to get rid of any ink leakage inside the printer.
Jack Martin is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on Canon Printer Support and many other related topics.